Larry Clark tries to recycle the skate-punk infamy of Kids, this time with a cast of Hispanic teens from South Central L.A., but Wassup Rockers is a lackadaisical odyssey. Clark does find a cocky sweetness in their camaraderie, but then he sets his kids loose in the glitz of Beverly Hills, where they confront the faces of white corruption: racist cops, apple-cheeked daddy’s girls, an Eastwoodesque movie star who shoots first and asks questions…never. The sexy, scruffy, neo-Warriors pageantry of ghetto teen hunger would have been a lot more vital if Clark didn’t have such a class-war chip on his shoulder.
Wassup RockersLarry Clark tries to recycle the skate-punk infamy of Kids, this time with a cast of Hispanic teens from South Central L.A., but Wassup...Wassup RockersDramaLarry ClarkPT111MRLarry Clark tries to recycle the skate-punk infamy of Kids, this time with a cast of Hispanic teens from South Central L.A., but Wassup...2006-07-05First Look
Genre: Drama; Starring: Francisco Pedrasa, Jonathan Velasquez; Director: Larry Clark; Author: Larry Clark; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: First Look
Posted July 5 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!