Glossy, diverting pop junk about Anne Hathaway as a wide-eyed babe in the woods of a Vogue-like fashion magazine, and a resplendent, pitch-perfect Meryl Streep as the Big Bad Editor in Chief. Even Streep’s divine silver coif is hairdressed to kill.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Simon Baker, Adrian Grenier; Director: David Frankel; Author: Aline Brosh McKenna, Don Roos; Release Date Wide: 06/30/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 7 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies