In Changing Times, André Téchiné’s strangely inert drama about fluidity of identity set in Morocco, a masklike Catherine Deneuve stars as an unyielding wife and mother and Gérard Depardieu plays an old flame who has never stopped loving madame’s hauteur. Exploring cultural as well as emotional stasis, the esteemed French filmmaker (Wild Reeds) also probes cultural chasms between Westernized French folk and Muslims and devises nouveau family arrangements among gay, straight, and bisexual young people. But the effect is more drily sociological than dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Catherine Deneuve, Gerard Depardieu, Gilbert Melki; Director: Andre Techine; Author: Pascal Bonitzer, Laurent Guyot, Andre Techine; Release Date Limited: 07/14/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!