In Changing Times, André Téchiné’s strangely inert drama about fluidity of identity set in Morocco, a masklike Catherine Deneuve stars as an unyielding wife and mother and Gérard Depardieu plays an old flame who has never stopped loving madame’s hauteur. Exploring cultural as well as emotional stasis, the esteemed French filmmaker (Wild Reeds) also probes cultural chasms between Westernized French folk and Muslims and devises nouveau family arrangements among gay, straight, and bisexual young people. But the effect is more drily sociological than dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Catherine Deneuve, Gerard Depardieu, Gilbert Melki; Director: Andre Techine; Author: Pascal Bonitzer, Laurent Guyot, Andre Techine; Release Date Limited: 07/14/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 19 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!