In Changing Times, André Téchiné’s strangely inert drama about fluidity of identity set in Morocco, a masklike Catherine Deneuve stars as an unyielding wife and mother and Gérard Depardieu plays an old flame who has never stopped loving madame’s hauteur. Exploring cultural as well as emotional stasis, the esteemed French filmmaker (Wild Reeds) also probes cultural chasms between Westernized French folk and Muslims and devises nouveau family arrangements among gay, straight, and bisexual young people. But the effect is more drily sociological than dramatic.
Changing TimesIn Changing Times, André Téchiné's strangely inert drama about fluidity of identity set in Morocco, a masklike Catherine...Changing TimesDrama, RomancePascal Bonitzer, Laurent Guyot, Andre TechinePT98MUnratedIn Changing Times, André Téchiné's strangely inert drama about fluidity of identity set in Morocco, a masklike Catherine...2006-07-19Gilbert Melki
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Catherine Deneuve, Gerard Depardieu, Gilbert Melki; Director: Andre Techine; Author: Pascal Bonitzer, Laurent Guyot, Andre Techine; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!