”Is history made by men or events?” That’s the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins Gallery, a less than gripping what-if historical thriller, which puts an assassin on President Franklin Roosevelt’s tail in the waning days of WWII. Mikhal Lammeck, an American expert on assassination, is summoned from his professorship in England to help a Secret Service friend track down a female killer hoping to take out the already ailing FDR. Firmly in line with the thriller-as-lecture-hall genre, Assassin’s Gallery imparts much information but skimps on the tension (especially if you know the real circumstances of FDR’s death), resulting in a outcome both pre-ordained and toothless.
The Assassins Gallery''Is history made by men or events?'' That's the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins GalleryThe Assassins GalleryMystery and Thriller, FictionDavid L. Robbins''Is history made by men or events?'' That's the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins Gallery2006-07-26Bantam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: David L. Robbins; Publisher: Bantam
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth' season finale: Will Forte on that double cliffhanger--and what's next
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!