”Is history made by men or events?” That’s the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins Gallery, a less than gripping what-if historical thriller, which puts an assassin on President Franklin Roosevelt’s tail in the waning days of WWII. Mikhal Lammeck, an American expert on assassination, is summoned from his professorship in England to help a Secret Service friend track down a female killer hoping to take out the already ailing FDR. Firmly in line with the thriller-as-lecture-hall genre, Assassin’s Gallery imparts much information but skimps on the tension (especially if you know the real circumstances of FDR’s death), resulting in a outcome both pre-ordained and toothless.
The Assassins Gallery''Is history made by men or events?'' That's the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins GalleryThe Assassins GalleryMystery and Thriller, FictionDavid L. Robbins''Is history made by men or events?'' That's the highbrow question posed over and over (and, unnecessarily, over) again in The Assassins Gallery2006-07-26Bantam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: David L. Robbins; Publisher: Bantam
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln breaks down 'extraordinary' season finale
- 'Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside the ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!