Uma Thurman is G-Girl, a superhero whose hidden identity is that of a timid, grasping gallery assistant. Luke Wilson is the affable zero who dates her, then makes the big mistake of dumping her in the fizzless Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend — it’s Bewitched meets Fatal Attraction, with one funny bedroom scene, but it was a miscalculation to make Thurman the antagonist. She does a sprightly satiric turn, but it’s wasted in a movie that would rather tweak male paranoia than liberate a nerdette terrified of her powers.
(My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Myles Aronowitz)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Eddie Izzard; Director: Ivan Reitman; Author: Don Payne; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'