Uma Thurman is G-Girl, a superhero whose hidden identity is that of a timid, grasping gallery assistant. Luke Wilson is the affable zero who dates her, then makes the big mistake of dumping her in the fizzless Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend — it’s Bewitched meets Fatal Attraction, with one funny bedroom scene, but it was a miscalculation to make Thurman the antagonist. She does a sprightly satiric turn, but it’s wasted in a movie that would rather tweak male paranoia than liberate a nerdette terrified of her powers.
(My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Myles Aronowitz)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Eddie Izzard; Director: Ivan Reitman; Author: Don Payne; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Foals premiere interactive video for 'Mountain at My Gates'
- MTV's 'Scream' renewed for season 2
- Jane Lynch's mom once chased after Meryl Streep
- Jason Schwartzman & Josh Charles talk 'Wet Hot' prequel
- Justin Bieber teases new single, 'What Do You Mean,' due out next month
- YouTube stars unite for first all-female 'Girls' Night In' tour
- LeBron James hints at role in 'Space Jam 2'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!