Uma Thurman is G-Girl, a superhero whose hidden identity is that of a timid, grasping gallery assistant. Luke Wilson is the affable zero who dates her, then makes the big mistake of dumping her in the fizzless Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend — it’s Bewitched meets Fatal Attraction, with one funny bedroom scene, but it was a miscalculation to make Thurman the antagonist. She does a sprightly satiric turn, but it’s wasted in a movie that would rather tweak male paranoia than liberate a nerdette terrified of her powers.
(My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Myles Aronowitz)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Eddie Izzard; Director: Ivan Reitman; Author: Don Payne; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!