Uma Thurman is G-Girl, a superhero whose hidden identity is that of a timid, grasping gallery assistant. Luke Wilson is the affable zero who dates her, then makes the big mistake of dumping her in the fizzless Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend — it’s Bewitched meets Fatal Attraction, with one funny bedroom scene, but it was a miscalculation to make Thurman the antagonist. She does a sprightly satiric turn, but it’s wasted in a movie that would rather tweak male paranoia than liberate a nerdette terrified of her powers.
(My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Myles Aronowitz)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Eddie Izzard; Director: Ivan Reitman; Author: Don Payne; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs