Uma Thurman is G-Girl, a superhero whose hidden identity is that of a timid, grasping gallery assistant. Luke Wilson is the affable zero who dates her, then makes the big mistake of dumping her in the fizzless Ivan Reitman comedy My Super Ex-Girlfriend — it’s Bewitched meets Fatal Attraction, with one funny bedroom scene, but it was a miscalculation to make Thurman the antagonist. She does a sprightly satiric turn, but it’s wasted in a movie that would rather tweak male paranoia than liberate a nerdette terrified of her powers.
(My Super Ex-Girlfriend: Myles Aronowitz)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Uma Thurman, Luke Wilson, Anna Faris, Eddie Izzard; Director: Ivan Reitman; Author: Don Payne; Release Date Wide: 07/21/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jon Stewart joins the WWE cinematic universe, kicks Seth Rollins in his nethers
- First look: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Edward Snowden
- Watch the first gameplay trailer for Harmonix's 'Amplitude'
- Kelly Clarkson + Jimmy Fallon in 11-duet medley
- From 'People': Suge Knight hospitalized again, says he 'can't really see'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'