Pasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost’s 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never Fear, Delillo confronts another mystery that hits very close to home: the murder of a half-brother she never knew she had. That, and a very cold case involving three young women killed and dumped into the Los Angeles River 17 years ago — slayings that may or may not involve her father, a highly volatile actor who abandoned Alex and her mom when she was 5. Oh, and the cases almost certainly involve some crooked L.A. cops. In workmanlike prose, Frost keeps tight control over the mechanics of his heavily plot-driven police procedural — even if Alex’s early-childhood flashbacks feel forced.
Never FearPasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost's 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never FearNever FearMystery and Thriller, FictionScott FrostPasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost's 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never Fear2006-07-26Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Scott Frost; Publisher: Putnam
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!