Pasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost’s 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never Fear, Delillo confronts another mystery that hits very close to home: the murder of a half-brother she never knew she had. That, and a very cold case involving three young women killed and dumped into the Los Angeles River 17 years ago — slayings that may or may not involve her father, a highly volatile actor who abandoned Alex and her mom when she was 5. Oh, and the cases almost certainly involve some crooked L.A. cops. In workmanlike prose, Frost keeps tight control over the mechanics of his heavily plot-driven police procedural — even if Alex’s early-childhood flashbacks feel forced.
Never FearPasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost's 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never FearNever FearMystery and Thriller, FictionScott FrostPasadena cop Alex Delillo is still reeling from the misadventures chronicled in Scott Frost's 2004 debut, Run the Risk. In Never Fear2006-07-26Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Scott Frost; Publisher: Putnam
Posted July 26 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!