This concert has little to offer visually — the colors are muted and the setups basic — but as a snapshot of a comic mind at its peak, Richard Pryor: Live in Concert is thrilling. This is Pryor’s first released stand-up film, and he kills from the get-go, riffing hilariously (and vulgarly) on race, sex, and family with a frisky physicality that has him soaked in sweat for most of the act. Pryor’s troubles with the law and drugs were already hounding him — a bit about shooting his own car is classic?but like an alchemist, he turns his guilt, anxiety, prejudices, and pain into uproarious comedy. EXTRAS None.
Richard Pryor: Live in Concert This concert has little to offer visually — the colors are muted and the setups basic — but as a snapshot of a comic mind at its peak, ...Richard Pryor: Live in ConcertComedyRichard PryorUnrated This concert has little to offer visually — the colors are muted and the setups basic — but as a snapshot of a comic mind at its peak, ...2006-07-28
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Richard Pryor; Director: Jeff Margolis; Author: Richard Pryor; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 28 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!