French art thriller 13 Tzameti has a literal hair-trigger premise, yet it’s so lacking in human dimensions that it creates virtually no suspense. At a house hidden in the countryside, 13 men are enjoined, for a possible payoff, to stand in a circle as each points a gun at the man’s head in front of him. When the light bulb at the center of the room pops on — boom!, it’s group Russian roulette time. You’ll wince for a few moments, but the shooters, including Georges Babluani as an innocent immigrant who sneaks his way into the group, are as blank as the bullets are real.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georges Babluani, Aurelien Recoing; Director: Gela Babluani; Author: Gela Babluani; Release Date Limited: 07/28/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm Pictures
Posted August 2 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!