French art thriller 13 Tzameti has a literal hair-trigger premise, yet it’s so lacking in human dimensions that it creates virtually no suspense. At a house hidden in the countryside, 13 men are enjoined, for a possible payoff, to stand in a circle as each points a gun at the man’s head in front of him. When the light bulb at the center of the room pops on — boom!, it’s group Russian roulette time. You’ll wince for a few moments, but the shooters, including Georges Babluani as an innocent immigrant who sneaks his way into the group, are as blank as the bullets are real.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georges Babluani, Aurelien Recoing; Director: Gela Babluani; Author: Gela Babluani; Release Date Limited: 07/28/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm Pictures
Posted August 2 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC