French art thriller 13 Tzameti has a literal hair-trigger premise, yet it’s so lacking in human dimensions that it creates virtually no suspense. At a house hidden in the countryside, 13 men are enjoined, for a possible payoff, to stand in a circle as each points a gun at the man’s head in front of him. When the light bulb at the center of the room pops on — boom!, it’s group Russian roulette time. You’ll wince for a few moments, but the shooters, including Georges Babluani as an innocent immigrant who sneaks his way into the group, are as blank as the bullets are real.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Georges Babluani, Aurelien Recoing; Director: Gela Babluani; Author: Gela Babluani; Release Date Limited: 07/28/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm Pictures
Posted August 2 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Is 'The Flash' doing Flashpoint in season 3?
- Fozzie Bear reveals who he gets mistaken for on '@Midnight'
- Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen and Hillary to their faces
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' season 7 trailer debuts
- Hillary Clinton plays 'Who'd You Rather?' on possible VP picks
- Paul McCartney: Kanye West is 'a monster' who 'inspires me'
- Hillary Clinton assesses Donald Trump's thoughts on women