Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for “Whatzupwitu”? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
Posted August 2 2006 — 4:35 PM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!