Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for “Whatzupwitu”? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
Posted August 2 2006 — 4:35 PM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday