Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for “Whatzupwitu”? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
Posted August 2 2006 — 4:35 PM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'