Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for “Whatzupwitu”? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
Posted August 2 2006 — 4:35 PM EDT
- 9 most scathing reviews of 'Aloha'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & Selma Blair stage 'Cruel Intentions' kiss during impromptu reunion
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'