In Don’t Come Knocking, Sam Shepard’s aging cowboy star flees the set of his latest movie for the wreckage of his old life. Director Wim Wenders’ ambling tribute to American backwaters finds gems by the roadside but eventually drives off the map. EXTRAS In a commentary, Wenders likens Butte, Mont., to the sparse romanticism of Edward Hopper. (A small-town Nevada casino is, by contrast, ”hell.”) The deleted bits he mentions aren’t here, but two featurettes take in most of the cast, and Wenders and Saint swap compliments in a brief chat.
Genre: Western, Drama; Starring: Jessica Lange, Eva Marie Saint, Sam Shepard, Tim Roth; Director: Wim Wenders; Author: Sam Shepard; Release Date Limited: 03/17/2006; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 4 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!