In Don’t Come Knocking, Sam Shepard’s aging cowboy star flees the set of his latest movie for the wreckage of his old life. Director Wim Wenders’ ambling tribute to American backwaters finds gems by the roadside but eventually drives off the map. EXTRAS In a commentary, Wenders likens Butte, Mont., to the sparse romanticism of Edward Hopper. (A small-town Nevada casino is, by contrast, ”hell.”) The deleted bits he mentions aren’t here, but two featurettes take in most of the cast, and Wenders and Saint swap compliments in a brief chat.
Don't Come Knocking In Don't Come Knocking, Sam Shepard's aging cowboy star flees the set of his latest movie for the wreckage of his old life. Director...Don't Come KnockingWestern, DramaSam ShepardR In Don't Come Knocking, Sam Shepard's aging cowboy star flees the set of his latest movie for the wreckage of his old life. Director...2006-08-04Tim RothSony Pictures Classics
Genre: Western, Drama; Starring: Jessica Lange, Eva Marie Saint, Sam Shepard, Tim Roth; Director: Wim Wenders; Author: Sam Shepard; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 4 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!