As a passage to the spirit world, technology — videotape, cell phones, computer screens — has lost its novelty. In this American remake of the spooky, more-atmospheric-than-coherent 2005 J-horror thriller, the ghosts blink and crackle into existence with an electromagnetic sputter, but really, they’re not so different from the gauzy, see-through spirits of yesteryear. It would have been a lot scarier if Pulse’s college kids, haunted by comrades who stare back at them from cyber-hell, looked like they had lives worth saving.
(Pulse: Mark Plummer)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Kristen Bell, Ian Somerhalder, Samm Levine, Christina Milian; Director: Jim Sonzero; Author: Stephen Susco; Release Date Wide: 08/11/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films, The Weinstein Company
Posted August 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'
- Jennifer Lawrence attached to star in Zelda Fitzgerald biopic
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top latest evicted guest speaks out