As a passage to the spirit world, technology — videotape, cell phones, computer screens — has lost its novelty. In this American remake of the spooky, more-atmospheric-than-coherent 2005 J-horror thriller, the ghosts blink and crackle into existence with an electromagnetic sputter, but really, they’re not so different from the gauzy, see-through spirits of yesteryear. It would have been a lot scarier if Pulse’s college kids, haunted by comrades who stare back at them from cyber-hell, looked like they had lives worth saving.
(Pulse: Mark Plummer)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Kristen Bell, Ian Somerhalder, Samm Levine, Christina Milian; Director: Jim Sonzero; Author: Stephen Susco; Release Date Wide: 08/11/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films, The Weinstein Company
Posted August 9 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!