Toronto’s The Sadies earn both halves of the ”country rock” tag, tearing through honky-tonk, rockabilly, surf, electric bluegrass, and heavy psychedelic rock with virtuosic soul and unhinged brawn. In Concert Volume One, a 41-track double live CD shows the band at its best, creating an indie Last Waltz with guest singers Neko Case, Jon Spencer, the Mekons’ Jon Langford, the Jayhawks’ Gary Louris, and — to cement the analogy — The Band’s Garth Hudson. The set doesn’t signal a breakup, thankfully, just a group at the top of their game.
Genre: Rock, Country; Producer (group): Yep Roc
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters