Dragon’s fire isn’t cheap; as any dragonrider of Pern can attest, it’s fueled by valuable firestone. When an opportunistic thief sets out to corner the firestone market, Pellar, a harper’s apprentice, must halt his scheme for no less than the planet’s survival. Such sweeping conflicts aren’t new to Anne McCaffrey’s series, yet her voice keeps them compelling even in this slightly convoluted tale. Her second book with son Todd shares the chronology of 2003’s Dragon’s Kin. Despite its big-picture details, Fire lacks more nuanced motivation for its solidly rendered heroes and perfunctory villains.
Dragon's Fire Dragon's fire isn't cheap; as any dragonrider of Pern can attest, it's fueled by valuable firestone. When an opportunistic thief sets out to corner...Dragon's FireFiction, Sci-fi and FantasyAnne McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey Dragon's fire isn't cheap; as any dragonrider of Pern can attest, it's fueled by valuable firestone. When an opportunistic thief sets out to corner...2006-08-11Del Rey
Genre: Fiction, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Author: Anne McCaffrey, Todd McCaffrey; Status: In Season; Publisher: Del Rey
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!