HBO’s funeral-home drama Six Feet Under ended a year ago, but the finale sequence in which Rachel Griffiths’ character gives birth to the late Nate’s baby still sticks with the Australian actress. ”In a weird way, the ‘Brenda giving birth scene’ was a great, watershed moment. It was kind of a rebirth for her, and it was so close to my births,” says the mother of two, who plays an arts school dean in the new film Step Up, and stars alongside Calista Flockhart in ABC’s fall drama Brothers & Sisters. ”I was kind of happy that Brenda got to that point. It was a very emotional day for me.”
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Waid and J.G. Jones preview powerful historically based comic, 'Strange Fruit'
- All the breakout artists Zane Lowe highlighted during his debut show on Beats 1
- James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. covers Britney Spears' 'Work Bitch'
- Cheryl Burke quits as Miss USA cohost
- Aquaman named 'most toxic superhero' to search for online
- Jeremy Renner on J.Lo jokes, gay rumors, and how 'Avengers' nearly killed him
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!