HBO’s funeral-home drama Six Feet Under ended a year ago, but the finale sequence in which Rachel Griffiths’ character gives birth to the late Nate’s baby still sticks with the Australian actress. ”In a weird way, the ‘Brenda giving birth scene’ was a great, watershed moment. It was kind of a rebirth for her, and it was so close to my births,” says the mother of two, who plays an arts school dean in the new film Step Up, and stars alongside Calista Flockhart in ABC’s fall drama Brothers & Sisters. ”I was kind of happy that Brenda got to that point. It was a very emotional day for me.”
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996