HBO’s funeral-home drama Six Feet Under ended a year ago, but the finale sequence in which Rachel Griffiths’ character gives birth to the late Nate’s baby still sticks with the Australian actress. ”In a weird way, the ‘Brenda giving birth scene’ was a great, watershed moment. It was kind of a rebirth for her, and it was so close to my births,” says the mother of two, who plays an arts school dean in the new film Step Up, and stars alongside Calista Flockhart in ABC’s fall drama Brothers & Sisters. ”I was kind of happy that Brenda got to that point. It was a very emotional day for me.”
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!