Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older sister Lizbet is plumpish, absent-minded, and prone to long skirts and mumsy cardigans — and finds unexpected depths. Always close, the pair are driven apart by dark secrets involving parentage, spousal relations, and the ability to conceive a child. Maxted’s sometimes willfully obtuse and stubborn protagonists easily makes A Tale of Two Sisters 50 pages longer than necessary, but her knack for tapping into women’s deepest anxieties and desires remains strong.
A Tale of Two Sisters Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older...A Tale of Two SistersFictionAnna Maxted Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older...2006-08-11Dutton Adult
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anna Maxted; Publisher: Dutton Adult
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!