Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older sister Lizbet is plumpish, absent-minded, and prone to long skirts and mumsy cardigans — and finds unexpected depths. Always close, the pair are driven apart by dark secrets involving parentage, spousal relations, and the ability to conceive a child. Maxted’s sometimes willfully obtuse and stubborn protagonists easily makes A Tale of Two Sisters 50 pages longer than necessary, but her knack for tapping into women’s deepest anxieties and desires remains strong.
A Tale of Two Sisters Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older...A Tale of Two SistersFictionAnna Maxted Brit Anna Maxted (Getting Over It) takes a rather facile premise — twentysomething Cassie is thin, driven, and fabulous, while older...2006-08-11Dutton Adult
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anna Maxted; Publisher: Dutton Adult
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- MTV cancels 'Eye Candy'
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!