It’s almost impossible to view the trailer for the upcoming biopic Infamous (thanks to Movie City News for the heads up) without comparing it to last year’s awards-magnet Capote, which landed a Best Actor Oscar for Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role. Yet while Infamous doesn’t appear to be aiming for the same pitch-black places as its predecessor, its candy colored trailer certainly showcases an eclectic cast, including EW’s current coverboy Daniel Craig, plus Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Jeff Daniels, and Lee Pace. That’s a lot of star wattage for one flick, but if Toby Jones can shine through it all as a gossipy, eccentric Truman Capote, who knows, maybe we’ll see back-to-back Oscar nods for two different portrayals of the same real-life character.
Posted August 11 2006 — 5:05 PM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Entertainment Geekly: Leonard Nimoy and the importance of being Spock
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Emma go evil?
- 'Lost' alum Terry O’Quinn to star in ABC's 'The Adversaries' pilot
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming