Weird Al Yankovic’s short-lived kids’ show dares to be stupid — witness cartoon superhero Fatman, eyeball armchairs, and candy corn on the cob. Pee-wee’s Playhouse comparisons are inevitable, but Al and friends (like Harvey the Wonder Hamster and other celebs) fall short of Paul Reubens’ subversively childish humor. EXTRAS The Saturday-morning episodes include commentaries with Yankovic and director Peyton Reed — plus guests like Emo Philips and Judy Tenuta — ripping on ”the network” and making R-rated jokes about their labor of love.
Genre: Comedy, Kids and Family; Starring: Weird Al Yankovic; Director: Keith Alcorn, Peyton Reed; Author: Tracy Berna, Zeke Kamm, Ron Weiner, Weird Al Yankovic; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters