Okay, so I like the idea behind USA Today’s gallery of summer-movie scene-stealers, but I don’t understand how they neglected to include The Devil Wears Prada’s Emily Blunt (pictured), who scored more laughs with a couple finely tuned glances than star Anne Hathaway did with a mountain of dialogue. And for that matter, where the glunk is my good buddy Felicity, who traded in her paintbrushes for some ferocious firearms in Mission:Impossible 3 – and did it convincingly, I might add? Seriously, it makes me want to go all Kimora Lee Simmons on someone’s behind. But since, despite recently dipping my smallest toe into the pool of boxing metaphors, I’m not a violent kind of boy, let’s start our own list: Who else deserves a shout-out for their supporting brilliance in a summer role? Holla at your blogger-pugilist!
Posted August 11 2006 — 4:30 PM EDT
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in new issue of comic book
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Amelia and Owen?
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!