Okay, so I like the idea behind USA Today’s gallery of summer-movie scene-stealers, but I don’t understand how they neglected to include The Devil Wears Prada’s Emily Blunt (pictured), who scored more laughs with a couple finely tuned glances than star Anne Hathaway did with a mountain of dialogue. And for that matter, where the glunk is my good buddy Felicity, who traded in her paintbrushes for some ferocious firearms in Mission:Impossible 3 – and did it convincingly, I might add? Seriously, it makes me want to go all Kimora Lee Simmons on someone’s behind. But since, despite recently dipping my smallest toe into the pool of boxing metaphors, I’m not a violent kind of boy, let’s start our own list: Who else deserves a shout-out for their supporting brilliance in a summer role? Holla at your blogger-pugilist!
Posted August 11 2006 — 4:30 PM EDT
- Here's how J.K. Rowling responded to Ireland's historic gay marriage vote
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!