Okay, so I like the idea behind USA Today’s gallery of summer-movie scene-stealers, but I don’t understand how they neglected to include The Devil Wears Prada’s Emily Blunt (pictured), who scored more laughs with a couple finely tuned glances than star Anne Hathaway did with a mountain of dialogue. And for that matter, where the glunk is my good buddy Felicity, who traded in her paintbrushes for some ferocious firearms in Mission:Impossible 3 – and did it convincingly, I might add? Seriously, it makes me want to go all Kimora Lee Simmons on someone’s behind. But since, despite recently dipping my smallest toe into the pool of boxing metaphors, I’m not a violent kind of boy, let’s start our own list: Who else deserves a shout-out for their supporting brilliance in a summer role? Holla at your blogger-pugilist!
Posted August 11 2006 — 4:30 PM EDT
- See Brie Larson in exclusive first clip from 'Room'
- Yoko Ono says she's still afraid of John Lennon's killer
- Where Elvis Costello found his signature look
- Tom Bergeron pays tribute to his late father on 'DWTS'
- Bond costar walks back Daniel Craig’s 007 quotes
- Olivia Wilde competes in the Actathalon challenge on 'Late Night with Seth Meyers'
- Metallica frontman confirms band is recording new album