Oliver Stone conjures the unabsorbable shock of 9/11. Then two Port Authority policemen, John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Michael Peña), wake up in darkness, their bodies pinned by concrete and twisted metal. As their heads fill the frame, the actors find a quiet, touching connection. Stone has made a scrupulous and honorable film, yet it lacks dramatic urgency. He earns his penance, but at the expense of his art.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Maria Bello, Nicolas Cage, Michael Pena, Maggie Gyllenhaal; Director: Oliver Stone; Author: Andrea Berloff; Release Date Wide: 08/11/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!