Giovanni Ribisi, with pasty skin and hair slicked back like Dracula’s, plays the sort of badass goombah psychopath who smashes a bottle in your face first and asks questions later. The actor seems to be having a good time in 10th & Wolf, but, like everyone around him, he could almost be in a high school theater production of GoodFellas as staged by Rushmore’s Max Fischer. At least Ribisi’s fake-cojones histrionics are fun. The rest of this Donnie Brasco knockoff, with James Marsden as a Gulf War veteran who goes undercover, is a turgid, ketchup-spattered dud.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, James Marsden, Piper Perabo, Giovanni Ribisi, Dennis Hopper, Brad Renfro; Director: Robert Moresco; Author: Robert Moresco, Allan Steele; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted August 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Aziz Ansari on the diversity in 'Master of None': 'That's kind of my reality'
- Carrie Underwood trots barefoot through the woods in new video for 'Heartbeat'
- Luke Bryan, Demi Lovato, Wiz Khalifa, and Charlie Puth to perform on 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- The Killers release 10th annual Christmas single, 'Dirt Sledding'
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Tom Hiddleston stars as Hank Williams in first 'I Saw the Light' trailer
- 'Star Wars' targets January release date in China