Giovanni Ribisi, with pasty skin and hair slicked back like Dracula’s, plays the sort of badass goombah psychopath who smashes a bottle in your face first and asks questions later. The actor seems to be having a good time in 10th & Wolf, but, like everyone around him, he could almost be in a high school theater production of GoodFellas as staged by Rushmore’s Max Fischer. At least Ribisi’s fake-cojones histrionics are fun. The rest of this Donnie Brasco knockoff, with James Marsden as a Gulf War veteran who goes undercover, is a turgid, ketchup-spattered dud.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, James Marsden, Piper Perabo, Giovanni Ribisi, Dennis Hopper, Brad Renfro; Director: Robert Moresco; Author: Robert Moresco, Allan Steele; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted August 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!