Giovanni Ribisi, with pasty skin and hair slicked back like Dracula’s, plays the sort of badass goombah psychopath who smashes a bottle in your face first and asks questions later. The actor seems to be having a good time in 10th & Wolf, but, like everyone around him, he could almost be in a high school theater production of GoodFellas as staged by Rushmore’s Max Fischer. At least Ribisi’s fake-cojones histrionics are fun. The rest of this Donnie Brasco knockoff, with James Marsden as a Gulf War veteran who goes undercover, is a turgid, ketchup-spattered dud.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, James Marsden, Piper Perabo, Giovanni Ribisi, Dennis Hopper, Brad Renfro; Director: Robert Moresco; Author: Robert Moresco, Allan Steele; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted August 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- Kim Kardashian West is Wonder Woman in Halloween throwback photo
- 'The Flash': Meet the new Harrison Wells
- '24: Legacy' drops new trailer during World Series
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop