Giovanni Ribisi, with pasty skin and hair slicked back like Dracula’s, plays the sort of badass goombah psychopath who smashes a bottle in your face first and asks questions later. The actor seems to be having a good time in 10th & Wolf, but, like everyone around him, he could almost be in a high school theater production of GoodFellas as staged by Rushmore’s Max Fischer. At least Ribisi’s fake-cojones histrionics are fun. The rest of this Donnie Brasco knockoff, with James Marsden as a Gulf War veteran who goes undercover, is a turgid, ketchup-spattered dud.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, James Marsden, Piper Perabo, Giovanni Ribisi, Dennis Hopper, Brad Renfro; Director: Robert Moresco; Author: Robert Moresco, Allan Steele; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted August 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- Mario Lopez, Anderson Cooper: Who's replacing Michael Strahan?
- Larry Wilmore gets advice for White House Correspondents' Dinner
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch