Giovanni Ribisi, with pasty skin and hair slicked back like Dracula’s, plays the sort of badass goombah psychopath who smashes a bottle in your face first and asks questions later. The actor seems to be having a good time in 10th & Wolf, but, like everyone around him, he could almost be in a high school theater production of GoodFellas as staged by Rushmore’s Max Fischer. At least Ribisi’s fake-cojones histrionics are fun. The rest of this Donnie Brasco knockoff, with James Marsden as a Gulf War veteran who goes undercover, is a turgid, ketchup-spattered dud.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Val Kilmer, James Marsden, Piper Perabo, Giovanni Ribisi, Dennis Hopper, Brad Renfro; Director: Robert Moresco; Author: Robert Moresco, Allan Steele; Release Date Limited: 08/18/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted August 16 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele's 'Carpool Karaoke' clip smashes YouTube records
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds remembers first date with Blake Lively
- Kanye West announces free livestream of Yeezy Season 3
- Waiting for new Harry Potter books, ranked
- Lee Majors to play Ash's dad on 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- Adnan Syed is ‘more hopeful’ following post-conviction hearing
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday