First came today’s report that Rachel Dratch’s role on 30 Rock has been downgraded from leading lady to various gimmicky supporting characters. Now comes word from TV Guide that the show is hiring Ally McBeal alum Jane Krakowski (pictured) for at least 10 of the show’s initial 13 episodes. Now, nothing against Jane K., but this decision smacks of some suit at NBC (someone like the character Alec Baldwin will be playing) bringing in a ringer because the focus groups suggest that Dratch just isn’t cute enough for a primetime lead role. Sorry, Rachel. (Cue the Debbie Downer music. WAAH-waah.)
Posted August 16 2006 — 9:19 PM EDT
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie