First came today’s report that Rachel Dratch’s role on 30 Rock has been downgraded from leading lady to various gimmicky supporting characters. Now comes word from TV Guide that the show is hiring Ally McBeal alum Jane Krakowski (pictured) for at least 10 of the show’s initial 13 episodes. Now, nothing against Jane K., but this decision smacks of some suit at NBC (someone like the character Alec Baldwin will be playing) bringing in a ringer because the focus groups suggest that Dratch just isn’t cute enough for a primetime lead role. Sorry, Rachel. (Cue the Debbie Downer music. WAAH-waah.)
Posted August 16 2006 — 9:19 PM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!