First came today’s report that Rachel Dratch’s role on 30 Rock has been downgraded from leading lady to various gimmicky supporting characters. Now comes word from TV Guide that the show is hiring Ally McBeal alum Jane Krakowski (pictured) for at least 10 of the show’s initial 13 episodes. Now, nothing against Jane K., but this decision smacks of some suit at NBC (someone like the character Alec Baldwin will be playing) bringing in a ringer because the focus groups suggest that Dratch just isn’t cute enough for a primetime lead role. Sorry, Rachel. (Cue the Debbie Downer music. WAAH-waah.)
Posted August 16 2006 — 9:19 PM EDT
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!