First came today’s report that Rachel Dratch’s role on 30 Rock has been downgraded from leading lady to various gimmicky supporting characters. Now comes word from TV Guide that the show is hiring Ally McBeal alum Jane Krakowski (pictured) for at least 10 of the show’s initial 13 episodes. Now, nothing against Jane K., but this decision smacks of some suit at NBC (someone like the character Alec Baldwin will be playing) bringing in a ringer because the focus groups suggest that Dratch just isn’t cute enough for a primetime lead role. Sorry, Rachel. (Cue the Debbie Downer music. WAAH-waah.)
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!