First came today’s report that Rachel Dratch’s role on 30 Rock has been downgraded from leading lady to various gimmicky supporting characters. Now comes word from TV Guide that the show is hiring Ally McBeal alum Jane Krakowski (pictured) for at least 10 of the show’s initial 13 episodes. Now, nothing against Jane K., but this decision smacks of some suit at NBC (someone like the character Alec Baldwin will be playing) bringing in a ringer because the focus groups suggest that Dratch just isn’t cute enough for a primetime lead role. Sorry, Rachel. (Cue the Debbie Downer music. WAAH-waah.)
Posted August 16 2006 — 9:19 PM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' first look: Peggy lands in Hollywood in Comic-Con poster
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons depart 'Kong: Skull Island'
- Spring Awakening returning to Broadway—in sign language
- NBC cancels 'American Odyssey'
- 'Star Trek' documentary chronicles the casting of Captain Picard — exclusive clip
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!