USA Today’s entertainment blog Pop Candy aired its first weekly podcast today, featuring clips of recent interviews and music recommendations. While it seems like blogger Whitney Matheson is still getting used to the format, she has a relaxed charisma similar to that of This American Life’s Ira Glass (who I want to narrate my life). Her inaugural podcast pushes indie duo the Submarines, and features an interview with comic Laura Kightlinger about her new IFC show The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman. Kightlinger’s awesome deadpan is perfect for radio, making her a hard act for future interviewees.
Posted August 22 2006 — 10:13 PM EDT
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!