USA Today’s entertainment blog Pop Candy aired its first weekly podcast today, featuring clips of recent interviews and music recommendations. While it seems like blogger Whitney Matheson is still getting used to the format, she has a relaxed charisma similar to that of This American Life’s Ira Glass (who I want to narrate my life). Her inaugural podcast pushes indie duo the Submarines, and features an interview with comic Laura Kightlinger about her new IFC show The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman. Kightlinger’s awesome deadpan is perfect for radio, making her a hard act for future interviewees.
Posted August 22 2006 — 10:13 PM EDT
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996