First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted August 24 2006 — 9:26 PM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!