First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted August 24 2006 — 9:26 PM EDT
- See the cover of Moïra Fowley Doyle's YA debut The Accident Season
- Chance the Rapper and Alec Baldwin's unexpected collaboration
- Diplo's Major Lazer project teams up with DJ Snake and MØ for 'Lean On'
- Robert Downey Jr. announces charity contest for trip to Age of Ultron premiere
- 'The Sound of Music' turns 50: We rank the Von Trapp children
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma