First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'