First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted August 24 2006 — 9:26 PM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!