First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted August 24 2006 — 9:26 PM EDT
- Gwen Stefani brings bulled fan on stage during concert
- Carole King performs 'You've Got a Friend' for Hillary Clinton at DNC
- Recently discovered Michael Crichton novel 'Dragon Teeth' coming in 2017
- Wonder Woman Barbie gets Gal Gadot’s stamp of approval
- Matt Damon recalls losing 'Dead Poets Society' role
- WATCH: Matt Damon finally let his daughter see 'The Martian'
- WATCH: Matt Damon is optimistic about Ben Affleck's 'Batman' movie