First things first: I’ve seen the pilot for CBS’ new thieves-in-suburbia drama, Smith, and it’s good – so good, in fact, that it’s earned an early slot on my fall DVR slate. I guess that’s why I was so taken aback when I encountered CBS’ weird new promotional poster for the show while exiting the subway this morning. Why use an eerie mask hovering over Ray Liotta’s eerily disembodied face to drum up interest in a slickly produced ensemble that grabs and holds your attention for almost every second of its opening hour? Why not play up the presence of the always appealing Virginia Madsen, Simon Baker, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Franky G, and Amy Smart? Am I missing something here? Is anyone out there digging this poster? Or, like me, are you thinking “Do over!”?
Posted August 24 2006 — 9:26 PM EDT
- 'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman says the Morgan-Carol conflict 'is only beginning'
- New 'Star Wars' LEGO series heading to Disney XD
- How many of the bestselling albums of the past 25 years do you own?
- Kevin Costner has Ryan Reynolds' memories in 'Criminal' trailer
- Andrew Lincoln agrees his 'Love Actually' character is a ‘stalker’
- 'Shameless' first look: The Gallaghers get a visitor from 'Twin Peaks'
- 5 things to expect from the Grammys