Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain’s novella Double Indemnity’s venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray) into a sardonic Philip Marlowe gone wrong; Barbara Stanwyck cracks wise too, while dripping pheromones. EXTRAS Chats about noir, pulp, and Stanwyck’s cheap blond wig. ”Wilder always thought [the wig] was one of the biggest mistakes of his career,” says Lem Dobbs in one commentary. ”I think it’s perfect,” says Richard Schickel in another. Perversely fascinating: A ‘73 TV remake, with a near-identical script, is claw-your-eyes-out awful.
Double Indemnity Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain's novella Double Indemnity's venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray)...Double IndemnityMystery and ThrillerRaymond Chandler, Billy WilderUnrated Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain's novella Double Indemnity's venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray)...2006-08-25Edward G. Robinson
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson; Director: Billy Wilder; Author: Raymond Chandler, Billy Wilder; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!