Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain’s novella Double Indemnity’s venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray) into a sardonic Philip Marlowe gone wrong; Barbara Stanwyck cracks wise too, while dripping pheromones. EXTRAS Chats about noir, pulp, and Stanwyck’s cheap blond wig. ”Wilder always thought [the wig] was one of the biggest mistakes of his career,” says Lem Dobbs in one commentary. ”I think it’s perfect,” says Richard Schickel in another. Perversely fascinating: A ‘73 TV remake, with a near-identical script, is claw-your-eyes-out awful.
Double Indemnity Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain's novella Double Indemnity's venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray)...Double IndemnityMystery and ThrillerRaymond Chandler, Billy WilderUnrated Raymond Chandler and director Billy Wilder turn James M. Cain's novella Double Indemnity's venal insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray)...2006-08-25Edward G. Robinson
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson; Director: Billy Wilder; Author: Raymond Chandler, Billy Wilder; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!