It’s a feeling we’ve all experienced — the overwhelming urge to…slap a nun? Tucked into Desperate Housewives’ uneven second season (now on DVD) was a wildly uneven catfight between Eva Longoria’s Gabrielle and Melinda Page Hamilton’s Sister Mary Bernard. (C’mon: Did you ever doubt Gaby would prevail?) Turns out it was as fun to film as it was to watch. ”It was really physical and funny, seeing me on the ground, choking her,” says Longoria. ”It took all day to shoot, and the [nun’s sleeve] caught fire.” Don’t worry: With a stuntwoman on hand, no nuns were harmed in the making of this scuffle.
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!