Steely Dan’s beef with the cast and crew of the 1996 film Bottle Rocket continues. First, on July 17 the rockers posted a letter on their site to Luke Wilson, demanding that brother Owen (who starred with him in Wes Anderson’s Rocket) apologize for appearing in You, Me and Dupree. They contend his character is based on their song ”Cousin Dupree”; Owen cheekily responded he’d never heard it. Now The Dan have penned a missive to Anderson, claiming his career ”is suffering from a malaise.” (The director did not return calls for comment.) They even wrote two bogus songs for his new film — featuring Owen! — The Darjeeling Limited. Choice lyric: ”Old Bombay…a very long way/to chase a ‘bottlerocket’….”
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers