Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal and her husband, Ephraim, have been married for 60 years, and their symbiotic, almost suffocating relationship leaves little room for anyone else, including their son, Wyatt. But with the death of Katy, everything changes. She officiously cares for Ephraim from beyond the grave — albeit in a different manner — and talks to Wyatt, helping to heal the relationship between father and son. The Other Side of Air is a thin novel, to be sure, but one steeped in Georgia charm and down-home truths.
The Other Side of Air Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal...The Other Side of AirFictionJeanne Braselton Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal...2006-08-25Ballantine
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jeanne Braselton; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!