Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal and her husband, Ephraim, have been married for 60 years, and their symbiotic, almost suffocating relationship leaves little room for anyone else, including their son, Wyatt. But with the death of Katy, everything changes. She officiously cares for Ephraim from beyond the grave — albeit in a different manner — and talks to Wyatt, helping to heal the relationship between father and son. The Other Side of Air is a thin novel, to be sure, but one steeped in Georgia charm and down-home truths.
The Other Side of Air Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal...The Other Side of AirFictionJeanne Braselton Jeanne Braselton died before completing this, her second book, so her friend — novelist Kaye Gibbons — did the honors. Librarian Katy Doyal...2006-08-25Ballantine
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jeanne Braselton; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Billy Joel marries Alexis Roderick in surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!