…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie