…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vin Diesel brought his daughter to the set of 'Fast 8'
- David Spade, John Mellencamp, Rosanna Arquette to guest on 'Roadies'
- 17 reasons ‘Ever After’ is the best Cinderella movie ever
- Critical Mass: What the critics are saying about 'Jason Bourne'
- 'TWD: Jeffrey Dean Morgan is swearing up a storm as Negan in season 7
- The Chanels are back in new 'Scream Queens' season 2 teaser
- 'Jason Bourne': Killer details about that crazy first action sequence