…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!