…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006; Status: In Season
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters