…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!