…of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean…even grander and looser lighting fixtures. When that chandelier appears, it’s like Close Encounters: Live!, and the inevitable crash is the near-death experience any orchestra-seater could hope for. Even Phanatics might have trouble picking out trims in this 95-minute abridgment, and getting through the gothy hokum faster ain’t bad. But the cast is caught in a sprint, and one of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s better scores, Phantom, like the dude under the mask, wants a bit more breathing room.
Phantom ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....PhantomRichard Stilgoe ...of the Opera is gone, replaced by Las Vegas Spectacular as a subtitle, which can only mean...even grander and looser lighting fixtures....2006-08-25
Starring: Brent Barrett, Sierra Boggess, Anthony Crivello, Elizabeth Loyacano; Director: Harold Prince; Author: Richard Stilgoe; Opening Date: 09/11/2006
Posted August 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pharrell, Beck, Janelle Monae, more to play Nile Rodgers' music festival
- 'Island of Dr. Moreau' doc sets Blu-ray release date
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' clip: 'Who puts broccoli on pizza?'
- CBS developing 'Brady Bunch,' 'Cheers' stage shows
- Roberto Clemente biopic being developed by Legendary
- Leonard Nimoy's son launches Kickstarter supporting 'For the Love of Spock' documentary
- Check out Sloane Crosley's trippy animation for 'The Clasp' covers