Alias fans know him as Jack Bristow, but Victor Garber, 57, had a storied career prior to the spy series?on Broadway (Sweeney Todd), in movies (Titanic), and…singing (he was in a Mamas and the Papas-style group, the Sugar Shoppe, in the ’60s). ”We got on The Ed Sullivan Show,” Garber recalls. The fun facts don’t stop there. The star of Fox’s new legal drama Justice (premieres Wed., Aug. 30, at 9 p.m.) is still close with the Alias gang. ”I had dinner with Michael Vartan on Saturday. I talked to Jennifer on Sunday.” Alright, name-dropper, now take our test.
Name: Victor Garber
1. If my life were a drinking game, everyone would do a shot when…
I got through a long monologue on television without stopping.
2. The Rat Packer I most identify with is:
A Frank Sinatra
B Sammy Davis Jr.
C Dean Martin
D Peter Lawford
Dean Martin, because I think he sort of watched from the sidelines and knew how to throw in a good joke every now and then. I like to do that.
3. The first famous person I befriended:
I only befriend famous people. Don’t call me if you’re not famous.
4. If I had to gain 30 pounds for a role, I would eat:
Everything on the craft service table that I’m not eating now. I like when they put out the nachos and the peanut butter cookies.
5. Choose one:
A The Rolling Stones
B The Beatles
I’m a Beatles baby, but I love the Stones.
6. The person I’m mistaken for most often:
I was mistaken for Art Garfunkel when I was younger because I had hair like him.
7. Pick a Jessica:
A Jessica Alba
B Jessica Biel
C Jessica Simpson
D Jessica Tandy
There’s no question it’s Jessica Tandy. Let’s start with she can act. Let’s start and end with that.
8. The worst advice I’ve ever received:
Stay in Canada and work for your father. When he was alive, he had a formal rental shop.
9. After a long day, I like to kick back with:
B Cold Beer
C Pinot Noir
D Chamomile Tea
10. The most underrated performer in my field is:
That’s a tough one. I don’t know. Underrated performer in my field. I DON’T KNOW! I’m failing this test.
11. The thing I’ve wanted to buy but am just too embarrassed to purchase:
The National Enquirer
12. My porn name is:
Muffin + Victoria = Muffin Victoria
(Childhood Pet) + (Street You Grew Up On)