Desperate Housewives: The Complete Second Season’s most intriguing female story lines — a nun covets Gaby’s husband, Bree pursues her sex-addicted AA sponsor, and new addition Betty (Alfre Woodard) has problem sons — get stale when stretched over multiple episodes. Only the show’s male supporting roles (like Richard Burgi’s Karl) are fresh. EXTRAS The Waltons’ Michael Learned and other classic TV moms dish (”I look at Bree and I think, No wonder she drinks,” says Learned).
(Desperate Housewives: Craig Sjodin)
Posted August 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Las Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Ask the Critic: Chris Nashawaty wants to hear from YOU about movies
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!