Desperate Housewives: The Complete Second Season’s most intriguing female story lines — a nun covets Gaby’s husband, Bree pursues her sex-addicted AA sponsor, and new addition Betty (Alfre Woodard) has problem sons — get stale when stretched over multiple episodes. Only the show’s male supporting roles (like Richard Burgi’s Karl) are fresh. EXTRAS The Waltons’ Michael Learned and other classic TV moms dish (”I look at Bree and I think, No wonder she drinks,” says Learned).
(Desperate Housewives: Craig Sjodin)
Posted August 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- The world's friendliest Satanist stars in Suneaters' 'Hey Bros!' video -- exclusive
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!