Desperate Housewives: The Complete Second Season’s most intriguing female story lines — a nun covets Gaby’s husband, Bree pursues her sex-addicted AA sponsor, and new addition Betty (Alfre Woodard) has problem sons — get stale when stretched over multiple episodes. Only the show’s male supporting roles (like Richard Burgi’s Karl) are fresh. EXTRAS The Waltons’ Michael Learned and other classic TV moms dish (”I look at Bree and I think, No wonder she drinks,” says Learned).
(Desperate Housewives: Craig Sjodin)
Posted August 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters