Because you’ve been dying to know for, like, 15 years what happened to Linda Hamilton’s Terminator character between the events depicted in the second and third movies, Fox is at last ready to oblige you with The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Alas, neither Hamilton nor the Governator are participating in the series, but the pilot is being directed by David Nutter, who shot the pilot for Terminator guru James Cameron’s Dark Angel, as well as the pilots for such hit shows as Without a Trace and Smallville. I can’t wait for such scenes as the one where Sarah tells her 14-year-old son, ”I don’t care if you’re the savior of mankind, if you don’t clean up your room, you’re grounded.” Or the one where she says, ”Stop playing Xbox all day. We’re supposed to be fighting the machines, remember?” Meanwhile, my colleague Mike Slezak wants to know whether the series will costar a lion-faced man.
Posted August 29 2006 — 9:10 PM EDT
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes, her leading ladies, and more
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?