Not many animals are more emotive than collies: those anxious eyes, the long face, that occasional humanoid smile. This is why Lassie is a legend. And Lassie, a franchise reboot more successful (to my eye) than Batman Begins, is about as good as a Lassie movie can be. Taking after the original 1940 novel, the film’s set in pre-WWII Britain, and Lassie, sold because times are tough, must travel a picaresque 500 miles to return home to little Joe (Jonathan Mason). Maybe I’m a sucker for dogs, but my eyes welled up. Twice. Woof!
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Samantha Morton, Peter O'Toole, Robert Carr, Peter Dinklage; Director: Charles Sturridge; Author: Charles Sturridge; Release Date Wide: 09/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Roadside Attractions
Posted August 30 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!