Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'