Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles