Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Sherlock' panel reveals 3 key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'
- Selena Gomez says she needs to 'rethink some areas' of her life
- 'Vixen' season 2: The Flash and Firestorm return in Comic-Con clip
- 'Sherlock' season 4 first trailer