Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!