Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- Maroon 5 respond to Taraji P. Henson confusing them with Coldplay
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album
- Zayn Malik's 'Pillowtalk' debuts at No. 1
- 'Gotham' exclusive: See first footage of Mr. Freeze, Hugo Strange in action
- Michael Fassbender compares 'Assassin's Creed' to 'The Matrix'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Meet Jake's first partner, played by Damon Wayans Jr.
- Taye Diggs to guest-star on 300th episode of 'NCIS'