Some moments can only be captured in puppetry. Here is one of those moments: the infamous January 1965 Beach Boys recording session where the Wilson brothers try mightily to continue taping “Help Me, Rhonda” after their aggressive dad Murry bursts in and hijacks the room. The recording has been around for years, but Emily Geanacopoulos’ inspired paper-cutout video adaptation raises it to a whole new level of trippy “Fun With Real Audio” exhilaration. I just hope the “Dr. Landy Sessions” hit the net someday, and Geanacopoulos is there to catch it. MTV, give this woman a show, how ‘bout it? (Special thanks to boingboing.net for the link.)
Posted August 30 2006 — 6:29 PM EDT
- Blair Underwood returning to 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': The crazy story behind the cult classic
- Cara Delevingne responds to John Green's essay about rude interview
- Rachel Dratch, Holland Taylor join world premiere of 'Ripcord'
- Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner are truly 'Difficult People' in first trailer
- 'Law & Order' cast describes their show in 30 seconds
- Luke Perry reacts to Lifetime’s 'Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210' project
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!