Go-Go’s drummer Gina Schock (bottom center) turns 49 today, and if we’re being completely honest, that seemed like a perfectly reasonable excuse to kill half the afternoon searching YouTube for her band’s greatest video clips (and live performances). At the very least, you’ll want to risk your job security to relive the joy of dancing in a public fountain (“Our Lips Are Sealed”) and, of course, donning tutus and tiaras for some synchronized water-skiiing (“Vacation”). If you’ve got extra time, watch 1982’s “Get Up and Go” and 1984’s “Head Over Heels”; is it just us, or does lead singer Belinda Carlisle believe in recycling? (Recycling Flashdance-esque gray sweatshirts, that is.) And for a glimpse of our birthday girl in fetching man-drag, try this making-of footage from the Go-Go’s “Turn to You” video. Best wishes, Gina, and keep on keepin’ time.
Posted August 31 2006 — 7:55 PM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!