Go-Go’s drummer Gina Schock (bottom center) turns 49 today, and if we’re being completely honest, that seemed like a perfectly reasonable excuse to kill half the afternoon searching YouTube for her band’s greatest video clips (and live performances). At the very least, you’ll want to risk your job security to relive the joy of dancing in a public fountain (“Our Lips Are Sealed”) and, of course, donning tutus and tiaras for some synchronized water-skiiing (“Vacation”). If you’ve got extra time, watch 1982’s “Get Up and Go” and 1984’s “Head Over Heels”; is it just us, or does lead singer Belinda Carlisle believe in recycling? (Recycling Flashdance-esque gray sweatshirts, that is.) And for a glimpse of our birthday girl in fetching man-drag, try this making-of footage from the Go-Go’s “Turn to You” video. Best wishes, Gina, and keep on keepin’ time.
Posted August 31 2006 — 7:55 PM EDT
- Sarah Jessica Parker cuts ties with EpiPen maker over price hike
- 'Black-ish' star Marsai Martin cast as lead in 'American Girl' movie
- This Week's Cover: Emily Blunt stars in the complex 'Girl on the Train'
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure sprawls out atop NKOTB
- Kanye West to attend the VMAs on Sunday
- Margo Martindale on her tiny role in Alexander Payne's next film
- Amy Schumer's book tops the New York Times bestseller list