The title 4:21…The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and moonlighting actor Method Man is no mellow stoner — he spits disses at everyone, even sandal wearers (”New York, New York rock tube socks and Timbalands/ ‘Cause hip-hop ain’t feelin’ them flip-flops/They feminine”). Producers RZA, Erick Sermon, among others, bring solid tracks; Redman and the late ODB make nostalgic cameos. Yet the hip-hop heartthrob sounds freshest on the slow jams, even when ranting over a scratchy Lauryn Hill sample.
4:21...The Day After The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...4:21...The Day AfterHip-Hop/Rap The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...2006-09-01
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Method Man; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted September 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday