The title 4:21…The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and moonlighting actor Method Man is no mellow stoner — he spits disses at everyone, even sandal wearers (”New York, New York rock tube socks and Timbalands/ ‘Cause hip-hop ain’t feelin’ them flip-flops/They feminine”). Producers RZA, Erick Sermon, among others, bring solid tracks; Redman and the late ODB make nostalgic cameos. Yet the hip-hop heartthrob sounds freshest on the slow jams, even when ranting over a scratchy Lauryn Hill sample.
4:21...The Day After The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...4:21...The Day AfterHip-Hop/Rap The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...2006-09-01
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Method Man; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted September 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast