The title 4:21…The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and moonlighting actor Method Man is no mellow stoner — he spits disses at everyone, even sandal wearers (”New York, New York rock tube socks and Timbalands/ ‘Cause hip-hop ain’t feelin’ them flip-flops/They feminine”). Producers RZA, Erick Sermon, among others, bring solid tracks; Redman and the late ODB make nostalgic cameos. Yet the hip-hop heartthrob sounds freshest on the slow jams, even when ranting over a scratchy Lauryn Hill sample.
4:21...The Day After The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...4:21...The Day AfterHip-Hop/Rap The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...2006-09-01
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Method Man; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted September 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!