The title 4:21…The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and moonlighting actor Method Man is no mellow stoner — he spits disses at everyone, even sandal wearers (”New York, New York rock tube socks and Timbalands/ ‘Cause hip-hop ain’t feelin’ them flip-flops/They feminine”). Producers RZA, Erick Sermon, among others, bring solid tracks; Redman and the late ODB make nostalgic cameos. Yet the hip-hop heartthrob sounds freshest on the slow jams, even when ranting over a scratchy Lauryn Hill sample.
4:21...The Day After The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...4:21...The Day AfterHip-Hop/Rap The title 4:21...The Day After is pothead code (4/20 being the unofficial national dope-smoking day), but the Wu Tang Clan vet and...2006-09-01
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Method Man; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!