Straight-to-DVD, but funnier than its title. In Bottoms Up, Jason Mewes is a Minnesota bartender who heads to Hollywood to save his father’s steak house — and ends up blackmailing a studio head’s daughter (Paris Hilton) and exploiting her ”It” boyfriend (a Josh Duhamel-lite Brian Hallisay) with the help of a gay uncle (scene-stealer David Keith, doing his best Rip Taylor). While Mewes shows surprising depth sans his mentor, director Kevin Smith (who cameos), new pop star Hilton goes brunet and occasionally registers an emotion other than dismissiveness. EXTRAS None.
Bottoms Up Straight-to-DVD, but funnier than its title. In Bottoms Up, Jason Mewes is a Minnesota bartender who heads to Hollywood to save his...Bottoms UpComedyNick Ballo, Erik MacArthurR Straight-to-DVD, but funnier than its title. In Bottoms Up, Jason Mewes is a Minnesota bartender who heads to Hollywood to save his...2006-09-01Brian Hallisay
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Paris Hilton, David Keith, Jason Mewes, Brian Hallisay; Director: Erik MacArthur; Author: Nick Ballo, Erik MacArthur; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!