A few Saturdays ago, I re-watched Cliffhanger. Now, that’s a movie. Why is its director, Renny Harlin, once a dependable big-action guru, making sub-schlock like The Covenant? This is cobbled-together teenybopper tripe about feuding male witches — apparently they can’t even be granted the manlier dignity of being called ”warlocks” — with nothing to offer but classic bad dialogue. The Bad Male Witch taunts the Good Male Witch by asking, ”How ‘bout I make you my wee-yotch?” Seriously, Renny Harlin: What are you doing?
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sebastian Stan, Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Laura Ramsey; Director: Renny Harlin; Author: J.S. Cardone; Release Date Wide: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment
- 'Justice League' star to make cameo in 'Suicide Squad'
- WATCH: Kelsea Ballerini covers Britney Spears on 'Greatest Hits'
- Matt Damon on 'Project Greenlight': 'We don't want to give up on it'
- Gwen Stefani brings bullied fan on stage during concert