A few Saturdays ago, I re-watched Cliffhanger. Now, that’s a movie. Why is its director, Renny Harlin, once a dependable big-action guru, making sub-schlock like The Covenant? This is cobbled-together teenybopper tripe about feuding male witches — apparently they can’t even be granted the manlier dignity of being called ”warlocks” — with nothing to offer but classic bad dialogue. The Bad Male Witch taunts the Good Male Witch by asking, ”How ‘bout I make you my wee-yotch?” Seriously, Renny Harlin: What are you doing?
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sebastian Stan, Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Laura Ramsey; Director: Renny Harlin; Author: J.S. Cardone; Release Date Wide: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'