A few Saturdays ago, I re-watched Cliffhanger. Now, that’s a movie. Why is its director, Renny Harlin, once a dependable big-action guru, making sub-schlock like The Covenant? This is cobbled-together teenybopper tripe about feuding male witches — apparently they can’t even be granted the manlier dignity of being called ”warlocks” — with nothing to offer but classic bad dialogue. The Bad Male Witch taunts the Good Male Witch by asking, ”How ‘bout I make you my wee-yotch?” Seriously, Renny Harlin: What are you doing?
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sebastian Stan, Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Laura Ramsey; Director: Renny Harlin; Author: J.S. Cardone; Release Date Wide: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- 'Arrow': New clues to Prometheus' identity revealed
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot