A few Saturdays ago, I re-watched Cliffhanger. Now, that’s a movie. Why is its director, Renny Harlin, once a dependable big-action guru, making sub-schlock like The Covenant? This is cobbled-together teenybopper tripe about feuding male witches — apparently they can’t even be granted the manlier dignity of being called ”warlocks” — with nothing to offer but classic bad dialogue. The Bad Male Witch taunts the Good Male Witch by asking, ”How ‘bout I make you my wee-yotch?” Seriously, Renny Harlin: What are you doing?
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sebastian Stan, Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Laura Ramsey; Director: Renny Harlin; Author: J.S. Cardone; Release Date Wide: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- Michael Massee, Actor Who Played '24' Villain Ira Gaines, Dies at 61
- 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner lines up Amazon anthology series
- Box office preview: Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' to catch fire at No. 1
- Hillary Clinton on Adele's endorsement: 'It meant a lot to me'
- 'Westworld': New photos plus episode titles give clues
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers