A few Saturdays ago, I re-watched Cliffhanger. Now, that’s a movie. Why is its director, Renny Harlin, once a dependable big-action guru, making sub-schlock like The Covenant? This is cobbled-together teenybopper tripe about feuding male witches — apparently they can’t even be granted the manlier dignity of being called ”warlocks” — with nothing to offer but classic bad dialogue. The Bad Male Witch taunts the Good Male Witch by asking, ”How ‘bout I make you my wee-yotch?” Seriously, Renny Harlin: What are you doing?
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Sebastian Stan, Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Laura Ramsey; Director: Renny Harlin; Author: J.S. Cardone; Release Date Wide: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 13 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers' 'Rocky' reunion
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
- Jimmy Kimmel has the weirdest guess for Kanye's album title yet
- Lana Del Rey and Father John Misty debut sexy 'Freak' music video
- Aaron Sorkin adapting 'To Kill a Mockingbird' for Broadway
- Larry Wilmore debuts 'The People v. Bill Cosby' on 'The Nightly Show'
- Lucinda Williams: soundtrack of my life