Emotionally arresting. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a young woman who’s a recently released convict, a recovering junkie, and — more than that — a totally annoying dim-bulb narcissist. Yet Gyllenhaal is such a miracle of an actress she makes you respond to the innocence of Sherry’s desperate, selfish destruction.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Brad William Henke, Sam Bottoms, Giancarlo Esposito, Ryan Simpkins; Director: Laurie Collyer; Author: Laurie Collyer; Release Date Limited: 09/08/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 96
Posted September 15 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the directors of 'Goodnight Mommy' trained their 'hissing' scene-stealers: cockroaches
- 'Mario Kart 8' TV special coming to Disney XD
- CBS midseason dates: Here's when 'Survivor' returns
- 'The Walking Dead' boss answers midseason finale (and prologue) burning questions
- J.J. Abrams discusses Leia's transition from princess to general
- Damon Lindelof: Hiding Khan's identity in 'Star Trek' was a 'mistake'
- The 'Great British Baking Show' team tries (again) to make American TV nicer