In Jet Li’s Fearless, which is supposedly Jet Li’s goodbye to the patented Jet Li martial arts spectacular, he plays Huo Yuanjin, the real-life Chinese cultural hero of the late Qing dynasty era who started up a still-thriving martial-arts school in Shanghai. And yes, the movie feels more like a stilted, reverential biopic than a chop-socky ass-kicking extravanganza. Every so often there is a hand-to-hand fight scene to cut the boredom — the best is set atop a precipitously high wooden tower in a village square — but even these don’t set themselves apart from anything we’ve seen before.
(Jet Li's Fearless: Chen Jinquan)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Jet Li, Nakamura Shidon; Director: Ronny Yu; Author: Chris Chow, Christine To; Release Date Wide: 09/22/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Game of Thrones producer on the sudden return of that character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers