In Jet Li’s Fearless, which is supposedly Jet Li’s goodbye to the patented Jet Li martial arts spectacular, he plays Huo Yuanjin, the real-life Chinese cultural hero of the late Qing dynasty era who started up a still-thriving martial-arts school in Shanghai. And yes, the movie feels more like a stilted, reverential biopic than a chop-socky ass-kicking extravanganza. Every so often there is a hand-to-hand fight scene to cut the boredom — the best is set atop a precipitously high wooden tower in a village square — but even these don’t set themselves apart from anything we’ve seen before.
(Jet Li's Fearless: Chen Jinquan)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Jet Li, Nakamura Shidon; Director: Ronny Yu; Author: Chris Chow, Christine To; Release Date Wide: 09/22/2006; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!