She’s no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully daft British diddles (complete with Rowan Atkinson as a vicar) that, except for the blunt sex talk, might have been constructed decades ago. Dame Maggie is waggish as a mad housekeeper who finds final solutions to one family’s domestic problems, and it’s fun to watch swanlike Kristin Scott Thomas pretend to be a frumpy vicar’s wife. As a lecherous American golf pro, Patrick Swayze flashes sculpted abs — because he can.
Keeping MumShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...Keeping MumComedyNiall Johnson, Richard RussoPT90MRShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...2006-09-20Kristin Scott-ThomasTHINKFilm
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Maggie Smith, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Niall Johnson; Author: Niall Johnson, Richard Russo; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!