She’s no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully daft British diddles (complete with Rowan Atkinson as a vicar) that, except for the blunt sex talk, might have been constructed decades ago. Dame Maggie is waggish as a mad housekeeper who finds final solutions to one family’s domestic problems, and it’s fun to watch swanlike Kristin Scott Thomas pretend to be a frumpy vicar’s wife. As a lecherous American golf pro, Patrick Swayze flashes sculpted abs — because he can.
Keeping MumShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...Keeping MumComedyNiall Johnson, Richard RussoPT90MRShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...2006-09-20Kristin Scott-ThomasTHINKFilm
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Maggie Smith, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Niall Johnson; Author: Niall Johnson, Richard Russo; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Surprise! One Direction drop first song without Zayn
- Vampire Weekend bassist Chris Baio premieres solo-project single 'Endless Rhythm'
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!