She’s no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully daft British diddles (complete with Rowan Atkinson as a vicar) that, except for the blunt sex talk, might have been constructed decades ago. Dame Maggie is waggish as a mad housekeeper who finds final solutions to one family’s domestic problems, and it’s fun to watch swanlike Kristin Scott Thomas pretend to be a frumpy vicar’s wife. As a lecherous American golf pro, Patrick Swayze flashes sculpted abs — because he can.
Keeping MumShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...Keeping MumComedyNiall Johnson, Richard RussoPT90MRShe's no Mary Poppins: Maggie Smith is more like a cheery Angel of Death in the light black comedy Keeping Mum, one of those dutifully...2006-09-20Kristin Scott-ThomasTHINKFilm
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Rowan Atkinson, Maggie Smith, Kristin Scott-Thomas; Director: Niall Johnson; Author: Niall Johnson, Richard Russo; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: THINKFilm
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Someone turns Kanye West best quotes into a free book
- Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard hung out together
- 'Ghostbusters' adds Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams to the cast
- Zack Snyder on the Superman villain that almost was
- How a real-life horror story inspired new graphic novel 'The Divine'
- First look at Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight's' 'A Matter of Family'
- What to expect (and what we hope) will be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!