Connoisseurs of digital animation, graphic novels, and the history of dystopian art will have plenty to discuss about Christian Volckman’s visually striking, technically impressive black-and-white animated feature Renaissance, set in 2054 Paris, when advances in the field of age reversal are co-opted by corporate greed. Behold the influence of Metropolis, Blade Runner, Sin City — and on and on. But no one will be talking about the movie’s banal plot, the trite dialogue, or any of the indistinguishable characters who offer a bleak futuristic vision of cinema that’s all style, no soul.
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Animation; Starring: Daniel Craig, Romola Garai, Ian Holm, Catherine McCormack; Director: Christian Volckman; Author: Jean-Bernard Pouy, Patrick Raynal; Release Date Wide: 09/22/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted September 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big