The Grey’s Anatomy star ”felt a lot of pressure” shooting last season’s shocking finale in which Izzie’s boyfriend, Denny, dies. ”He represented her dreams for the future, and she lost it all in seconds,” says Heigl. ”You don’t want it to be melodramatic and schmaltzy. I listened to sad music all day, which influenced me. This is one of the few opportunities I’ve had to really be challenged.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!