While it would be easy to make the obvious pun here (”just a slight case of a comedic thriller”), this 1999 TNT original movie deserves more respect, for it’s actually a playfully tense noir pastiche. William H. Macy plays Terry Thorpe, a cable film reviewer who accidentally murders one of his girlfriends and uses his knowledge of thrillers to try to cover it up. Macy’s Thorpe is the best thing in A Slight Case of Murder, displaying a pleasant sort of amorality that one could easily sink into after years of watching movies for a living. EXTRAS None.
A Slight Case of Murder While it would be easy to make the obvious pun here (''just a slight case of a comedic thriller''), this 1999 TNT original movie deserves more respect...A Slight Case of MurderMystery and ThrillerWilliam H. Macy, Steven SchachterUnrated While it would be easy to make the obvious pun here (''just a slight case of a comedic thriller''), this 1999 TNT original movie deserves more respect...2006-09-22
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy; Director: Steven Schachter; Author: William H. Macy, Steven Schachter; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!