The gods of cool appear to have kissed Dito Montiel’s fingertips. First a street punk, then a downtown N.Y. hipster and musician, then a Sundance cat — now the first-time director has adapted A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, his memoir about growing up in ungentrified 1980s Queens, into something kinda fictional, kinda loose, and made a damn interesting piece. He also got Robert Downey Jr. to star as the grown-up ”Dito Montiel” and the lavishly talented Shia LaBeouf to play young Dito. This gallantly imperfect indie pops with attitude.
(Guide to Recognizing Your Saints: Walter Thompson)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Rosario Dawson, Robert Downey Jr., Shia LaBeouf, Chazz Palminteri, Eric Roberts, Channing Tatum, Dianne Wiest; Director: Dito Montiel; Author: Dito Montiel; Release Date Limited: 09/29/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: First Look
Posted September 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé fan freaks out at Pokémon Go player during concert
- The company behind 'Pokémon Go' says trading is coming
- Fassbender: 'Alien: Covenant' will be 'much scarier' than 'Prometheus'
- MTV's 'True Life' special to follow survivors of Orlando shooting
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'