Have you ever watched Ashton Kutcher boom through his Punk’d intros and thought, That guy should hurry up and get himself a cartoon voice gig? He does cute, jacked-up work in Open Season as a broken-antlered buck named Elliot, who helps Boog (Martin Lawrence), a house-trained grizzly banished to the forest, get back to his mountain town. Yet aside from Kutcher and the movie’s comfy autumnal palette (its browny reds and light greens), the overfamiliar Open Season feels like just another CG ‘toon in our ‘toon-glutted times.
(Open Season: Sony Pictures Animation)
Genre: Comedy, Animation; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Martin Lawrence, Debra Messing, Gary Sinise; Director: Roger Allers, Jill Culton, Anthony Stacchi; Author: Steve Bencich, Ron Friedman; Release Date Wide: 09/29/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 79; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'