Have you ever watched Ashton Kutcher boom through his Punk’d intros and thought, That guy should hurry up and get himself a cartoon voice gig? He does cute, jacked-up work in Open Season as a broken-antlered buck named Elliot, who helps Boog (Martin Lawrence), a house-trained grizzly banished to the forest, get back to his mountain town. Yet aside from Kutcher and the movie’s comfy autumnal palette (its browny reds and light greens), the overfamiliar Open Season feels like just another CG ‘toon in our ‘toon-glutted times.
(Open Season: Sony Pictures Animation)
Genre: Comedy, Animation; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Martin Lawrence, Debra Messing, Gary Sinise; Director: Roger Allers, Jill Culton, Anthony Stacchi; Author: Steve Bencich, Ron Friedman; Release Date Wide: 09/29/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 79; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted September 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sam Smith is ready to sing again
- George R.R. Martin explains why there's violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Gabourey Sidibe to publish memoir
- 'Conan' sequel's chances? 'Mad Max' as Best Picture? Chris Nashawaty takes your Q's
- Carly Rae Jepsen’s new track is an ‘emotional’ summer hit
- Marlon Wayans to write and star in 'Fifty Shades of Black'
- How Mariah Carey's glossy video for 'Infinity' came together