Have you ever watched Ashton Kutcher boom through his Punk’d intros and thought, That guy should hurry up and get himself a cartoon voice gig? He does cute, jacked-up work in Open Season as a broken-antlered buck named Elliot, who helps Boog (Martin Lawrence), a house-trained grizzly banished to the forest, get back to his mountain town. Yet aside from Kutcher and the movie’s comfy autumnal palette (its browny reds and light greens), the overfamiliar Open Season feels like just another CG ‘toon in our ‘toon-glutted times.
(Open Season: Sony Pictures Animation)
Genre: Comedy, Animation; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Martin Lawrence, Debra Messing, Gary Sinise; Director: Roger Allers, Jill Culton, Anthony Stacchi; Author: Steve Bencich, Ron Friedman; Release Date Wide: 09/29/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 79; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted September 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake