This Oregon quintet’s major-label debut, The Crane Wife, refuses to relinquish the quirks of their three justly praised indie LPs. Songwriter Colin Meloy specializes in lurid historical dramas; here he bookends short scenes in that vein with two longer tales and leads the folk-oriented band on successful excursions into styles including keyboard-based prog. The jarring faux-metal riffage of ”When the War Came” exposes Meloy’s limits, but several of these studies in heartbreak and homicide rank among his most moving.
The Crane Wife This Oregon quintet's major-label debut, The Crane Wife, refuses to relinquish the quirks of their three justly praised indie LPs....The Crane WifeIndie Rock This Oregon quintet's major-label debut, The Crane Wife, refuses to relinquish the quirks of their three justly praised indie LPs....2006-09-29
Genre: Indie Rock; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch