Simple, soulful, and street-smart, Cope’s third disc, Every Waking Moment, is buttressed by his usual array of churchy organ riffs and gentle hip-hop beats. The difference is that the raspy-voiced singer (born Clarence Greenwood) is more introspective, abandoning the offbeat characters (mostly hustlers and underdogs) who often inhabit his songs. It’s a refreshing change, resulting in a personal CD that jumps between ballads (”Somehow”), romantic grooves (”More Than It Seems”), and weary observations (”Friendly Fire”). Cope’s rough edges may keep him from blowing up, but that gritty charm is actually his finest asset.
Every Waking Moment Simple, soulful, and street-smart, Cope's third disc, Every Waking Moment, is buttressed by his usual array of churchy organ riffs and...Every Waking MomentPop Simple, soulful, and street-smart, Cope's third disc, Every Waking Moment, is buttressed by his usual array of churchy organ riffs and...2006-09-29
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Citizen Cope; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- The 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' scene you weren't supposed to see
- Get to know Nashville's most promising outlaw
- Weird Al talks about his worst costume and that time he fell through a stage
- Met Gala: 10 reasons it's more fun for fashion watchers than the Oscars
- Giorgio Moroder releases video for Sia-featuring 'Deja Vu'
- 'Walking Dead' actor arrested for DUI
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' soundtrack gets a remix album
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!