This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper’s career-making cameo on Kanye West’s ”Touch the Sky,” his sublime skateboarder single ”Kick, Push,” multiple mixtapes, and leaked tracks. Food and Liquor is a messy, ambitious CD by a deeply thoughtful MC that’s studded with brilliant turns — like ”Hurt Me Soul,” which imagines hip-hop as ”All the world’s ills/ Sittin’ on chrome 24-inch wheels.” Lesser excursions with the Neptunes, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, and Jay-Z still show a young man reaching for the sky, and touching it often enough.
Food & Liquor This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...Food & LiquorHip-Hop/Rap This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...2006-09-29
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lupe Fiasco; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!