This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper’s career-making cameo on Kanye West’s ”Touch the Sky,” his sublime skateboarder single ”Kick, Push,” multiple mixtapes, and leaked tracks. Food and Liquor is a messy, ambitious CD by a deeply thoughtful MC that’s studded with brilliant turns — like ”Hurt Me Soul,” which imagines hip-hop as ”All the world’s ills/ Sittin’ on chrome 24-inch wheels.” Lesser excursions with the Neptunes, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, and Jay-Z still show a young man reaching for the sky, and touching it often enough.
Food & Liquor This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...Food & LiquorHip-Hop/Rap This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...2006-09-29
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lupe Fiasco; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor