This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper’s career-making cameo on Kanye West’s ”Touch the Sky,” his sublime skateboarder single ”Kick, Push,” multiple mixtapes, and leaked tracks. Food and Liquor is a messy, ambitious CD by a deeply thoughtful MC that’s studded with brilliant turns — like ”Hurt Me Soul,” which imagines hip-hop as ”All the world’s ills/ Sittin’ on chrome 24-inch wheels.” Lesser excursions with the Neptunes, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, and Jay-Z still show a young man reaching for the sky, and touching it often enough.
Food & Liquor This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...Food & LiquorHip-Hop/Rap This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...2006-09-29
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lupe Fiasco; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?