This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper’s career-making cameo on Kanye West’s ”Touch the Sky,” his sublime skateboarder single ”Kick, Push,” multiple mixtapes, and leaked tracks. Food and Liquor is a messy, ambitious CD by a deeply thoughtful MC that’s studded with brilliant turns — like ”Hurt Me Soul,” which imagines hip-hop as ”All the world’s ills/ Sittin’ on chrome 24-inch wheels.” Lesser excursions with the Neptunes, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, and Jay-Z still show a young man reaching for the sky, and touching it often enough.
Food & Liquor This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...Food & LiquorHip-Hop/Rap This long-awaited debut follows the Chicago rapper's career-making cameo on Kanye West's ''Touch the Sky,'' his sublime skateboarder single ''Kick, ...2006-09-29
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lupe Fiasco; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'The Flash': Barry & Co. finally confront Wells
- David Krumholtz to play a grandma in IFC's 'Gigi's Bucket List'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on dance-offs, anniversaries, and fan questions
- 'The Wire' creator David Simon calls for an end to Baltimore violence
- Kendrick Lamar nailed the first pitch at last night's Dodgers game
- 'The Briefcase': CBS reality show to test if $100,000 is better to give or receive