Strait doesn’t let his sex-symbol status preclude playing a cuckold in ”She Told Me So,” an obscure old George Jones LP track that appears on his latest disc, It Just Comes Natural: ”Each night she thanks God for the day she found me/Why, when she came home this morning, she told me so.” Ouch! Just as grand, in a sad-sack way, is his current No. 1 country single, ”Give It Away,” where he’s so disgusting to his departing ex, she doesn’t even want half their joint assets. Strait only sometimes gets the girl — as in his cover of Bruce Robison’s besotted ”Wrapped” — but he always gets the hit.
It Just Comes Natural Strait doesn't let his sex-symbol status preclude playing a cuckold in ''She Told Me So,'' an obscure old George Jones LP track that appears on his...It Just Comes NaturalCountry Strait doesn't let his sex-symbol status preclude playing a cuckold in ''She Told Me So,'' an obscure old George Jones LP track that appears on his...2006-09-29
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: George Strait; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!