Forget the fuss over Jim and Pam — true fans of The Office are all about Dwangela. But here’s a secret about the couple that you didn’t know: They almost became a threesome. Late last season, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) had an awkward — and profound — encounter with Angela (Angela Kinsey) in the Dunder-Mifflin kitchen. Reveals Office executive producer Greg Daniels about the never-aired scene: ”They didn’t look at each other in the eye at all. They had a couple lines, there was a pause, and then Angela said, ‘I’m late,’ turned around, and left. Dwight looked shocked and a very pleased expression broke over his face…. It was a pretty cool moment.” So why the decision to shelve the comedic bundle of joy? ”It was a big move, but we had it in a show that had a lot of other big moves,” says Daniels. ”I don’t know if we’re ever going to end up using it.” Would-be papa Wilson was certainly intrigued by the pregnant pause. ”It was so daring,” he says. ”I mean, you don’t introduce a C plotline of an illicit office romance and then all of a sudden have one of the characters get knocked up!” And had the story stayed? ”Dwight could be wearing one of those Baby Bjorns out on sales calls…taking the baby to Chuck E. Cheese’s,” muses Wilson. ”And if the show’s still on in five years, a 5-year-old mini-Dwight in glasses with his hair parted down the middle makes for good comic high jinks.”
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'
- Selena Gomez says she needs to 'rethink some areas' of her life
- 'Vixen' season 2: The Flash and Firestorm return in Comic-Con clip
- 'Sherlock' season 4 first trailer
- Comic-Con: Ed Brubaker thought 'Winter Soldier' would be scrapped
- Box office: 'Star Trek Beyond' nearly triples 'Lights Out,' 'Ice Age'